Jacquard Pearl Ex Pigments
The Pearl Ex Pigments are available in 46 colors and three duo colors that change depending on the angle of the observer and the light. 19 of these colors can withstand temperatures of up to 1700 Fahrenheit while the rest can safely go to up to 600F so this is a furnace-safe product. This is indicative of the durability of this product that will resist to tarnishing and fading for a very long time.
- If you are going for rubber stamp embossing, you should mix the Pearl Ex with a clear embossing powder.
- Interference colors work best over dark surfaces.
- For watercolor painting, mix four parts of Pearl Ex with one part of Gum Arabic and add water.
- To color clay, dust a polymer clay rubber mold with Pearl Ex and press the clay in.
- For use on fabrics, mix Pearl Ex with the Jacquard Textile Colors Colorless Extender.
- Pearl Ex can be mixed with a varnish and be applied as a coating over clay, wood, or paper.
- Pearl Ex can be dusted on any surface and then get sealed with a spray lacquer. In this case, use the spray from a distance so as not to blow off Pearl Ex.
- Pearl Ex can be mixed into wax for candlemaking.
- Airbrushing is also possible, but the airbrush opening should be big enough for the Pearl Ex particles to get through.
Product Pros & Cons
- The range of colors is simply fantastic.
- Can mix with almost any medium that is available out there.
- Good blending that results in a consistent result.
There are really no bad comments to be made about this product by anyone who has used it. The Pearl Ex Pigments work for everyone to get a truly unique result when in need for something like this. Some use it to add aliveness to their nature paintings, others use it to paint ceramics and pottery, many use it for a sparkly calligraphy, and a few use it on wood painting. No matter the application, the Pearl Ex seems to amaze with the added shimmery that fascinates people of all ages.
This product has a certain use purpose, but limitless application possibilities. This, combined with the fact that it is very easy to use will make it a favorite in the workshops of the glossy enthusiasts. The techniques, materials, tools, and possible effects span on a very wide spectrum, so no matter how much you like metallic looks you will definitely feel good to have a jar of Pear Ex Pigment handy, just in case.